Monday, September 29, 2008

Week 6 - Day 1 on 9/29/2008

Although I qualified to do Column 2 pushups for Week 6, I decided to step down a level for Week 6. Todays total pushup count is 130, and I have already done 130 pushups before, So todays workouts should be pretty easy... well that's what I thought. Today's workout was surprisingly challenging. I managed to do only a total of 116.

I was required to do 25,30,20,15 , Max(40)

I managed to do 25,30,20,15,26

I did todays workout in my living loom on the hardwood floor, which turned out to be more difficult than the pushups that I do in my basement, which is on a thin layer of carpet.

The First set of 25 was fairly easy but more difficult than my usual first set. In the second set, I started to struggle after 15th pushup, then I did them 5 at a time and pausing between each set of 5 untill I hit 30. The next sets of 20 and 15 were also not that hard, but I had to push bit harder than usual. Before the final set I waited a full 2 minutes and started doing the pushups and my arms began to shiver after about 15 pushups, from that point onwards it was one at a time untill the 26th pushup.

For the reminder of the program, I will be doing the pushups in the basement and will probably do the final test on both the carpeted and wooden surface.

No comments: