Monday, September 8, 2008

Week 5 Day 3 on 9/8/2008

Skipped a day due to splitting headache around the time to do pushups. Todays workout was supposed to be a slam dunk, based of previous workouts. W5D3 has less pushups than W5D2, So I decided that I was going to aim for 40 pushups in the last set instead of the minimum 30. The First Seven Sets were effortless. In the Final Set, aiming for 40, I started to struggle around 22, and then to my surprise pushups become quite difficult to pull thru. I barely managed to do 31, one more than the minimum required. I was quite dissapointed because previous days last set was not this hard.

As I got up from the floor after the last set of pushups, it immediatly became clear, why I was having a hard time. My left arm was way more fatigued than my right arm. I was putting more weight on my left arm. I just did not realize this when I was doing the pushups. This has happened a few times when I started out this program. Normally the days I have a good workout are the days when bot my arms are equally tired. I will keep this in mind when I repeat week 5 starting wednesday.

1 comment:

Joe Scherb said...

At least you didn't have your kid jumping on you or anything. ;-)

That cracked me up on your last post.