Monday, September 15, 2008

Week 5 - Day 3 Second Attempt on 9/15/2008

I was required to do 12,12,12,12,10,10,9,Max (atleast 30)

I managed to do 12,12,12,12,10,10,9,31

This is a good workout and I am sweating like a pig. I did a total of 108 pushups , 6 more than W5D2. I am going to keep trying to improve the pushup count every day and eventually get to 136 pushups.

The first 7 sets were not that challenging, and the last set was not too hard untill 20th pushup, After that it was one pushup at a time untill pushup number 31.

Couple of things I noticed...Although my natual pose is to keep the head down, it helps to raise my chin up while doing the pushups, it becomes a bit easier, especially towards the end when I want to squeeze in an additional pushup or two. The only problem with doing so, it that it strains my neck and cannot do it for long.

Another thing that I find useful, is when I get really tired, closing my eyes also helps a little bit, but not for long.

1 comment:

Joe Scherb said...

Well, this post helped me. It's good to see you make progress and "sweating like a pig" = good workout.

I'm kind of bummed at the little progress I've made in a week, but at least one of us is making ground.

Keep it up!